Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blog Post #3

Luke Chueh
http://www.lukechueh.com/bio.html

Chueh uses bright colors, alongside black and white imagery to portray his subjects.  He uses characters in his paintings, almost cartoonlike, to convey his messages.  His use of color within a black and white painting allow focus to be brought into one aspect of the art.  It allows for the eye of the audience to focus on the one thing being brought out in the picture, the one thing that the artist is trying to convey meaning about.  I also used a similar technique in my last blog and in my modulating meaning.  I used mainly black and white images then brought some color in to place an emphasis on certain aspects of my work.  This, to me, allows for the audience to focus on just one thing.  I also used the black and white to show a sort of x-ray type image as i was focusing on looking from the inside out to find one's identity.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great artist to influence your work from. The black and white idea is awesome especially when you add some color to one thing. This reminds me of the movie "Shindler's List" and the feeling I get from that movie just makes this art inspiring to me. If you can incorporate some color into a black and white project in some way or another, you can really bring out that object and further the meaning behind it. Great work and great choice!

    ReplyDelete